Monetary opportunities in music, digital art, and production design to amp up your skills and give you an edge over your counterparts.
Performing arts, digital art, and production design are fields that require a high level of creativity quotient. Artists, as we may collectively refer to them, undergo rigorous training to achieve the level of perfection where they can compete with the best in the world. And the opportunities discussed in this weekly digest of Youth Time Magazine bring forward healthy and prestigious platforms to not only win them but also challenge you to put on your creative caps. So get ready to explore these globally recognized competitions to find out if you are the one to win them!
Culture Resource Production Awards
Productions Awards of Culture Resource have opened their forms for the year 2022. The aim of the program is to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region.
Culture Resource (Al-Mawred Al-Thaqafy) is a regional, non-profit organization founded in 2003 that seeks to support artistic creativity in the Arab region and encourage cultural exchange within the region and beyond. The work of Culture Resource is based on an appreciation of the value of the diverse cultural heritage within the Arab region, and a belief in the critical role of culture in the development of civil society, the importance of access to culture for all, and the rights of artists to freedom of expression. Culture Resource seeks to fulfill its mission to support artists from the Arab region and cultural organizations and the cultural sector throughout the region with a range of services and programs.
Grants of up to 8,500 euros are available for literature, music, performing arts, and visual arts projects, and up to 13,000 euros for projects in cinema and video. Every year, 20 projects are selected for the grants, four in each artistic category.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of the following first of January. Applications submitted by individuals, not in this age bracket will be discarded;
- Applicants must originate from an Arab country regardless of ethnicity and citizenship status or whether they are currently residing in the Arab region or abroad;
- Application is open to artists of all disciplines: performance arts, visual arts, literature, music, cinema/video, etc.
The last day to apply for the program is October 14, 2022.
Read more about the opportunity here.
ClimaTech Run For Digital Artists Competition 2022
ClimaTech Run calls for all artists and visual storytellers who can inspire hope around climate action. The applications for the year 2022 are open.
ClimaTech Run is a global multi-stage program of tech entrepreneurs and digital artists who share a collective passion for sustainability to present their work at COP27. From matchmaking opportunities to mentorship and capacity-building programs, tech entrepreneurs and digital artists will be granted a splendid chance to step on the stage and present their best work at COP27.
- Through the ClimaTech Digital Art Track, artists will be given the platform to showcase their artworks to help combat the climate change crisis.
- Top-voted digital artists will be awarded up to $5,000 for winning the competition in the first place, $3,000 for the second place, and $2,000 for the third place.
- The Run will feature their artworks at COP27 to showcase the creative work of climate enthusiast artists and other visual media storytellers in response to climate change.
- There is also a special focus on Africa with a special recognition award of $2000 for African digital artists’ submissions.
- You must be at least 18 years old when applying to the competition.
- Artists are allowed submissions of a collection of three art pieces maximum per entry.
- The work submitted must be authentic and original.
- Applicant must be able to provide valid contact details and sufficient bank information in case of winning to receive the monetary award.
The deadline to apply for the program is September 22, 2022.
Please read the detailed information about the program here.
Lionn Academy for Arts and Entertainment 2022
The Lionn Academy for Arts and Entertainment applications are open for the year 2022. The Academy specializes in identifying, training, accompanying, and showcasing young people with exceptional potential and passion for music and arts.
The Lionn Academy for Arts and Entertainment, under the leadership of celebrated Cameroonian Artist Mr. Leo, in partnership with The Canada High Commission in Cameroon, Local Youth Corner, Escale Bantoo, and the Mentorship of DJ Fredy Muks announce the opening of applications for the first cohort of its music performance and music business training program. The goal of the project is to promote the socioeconomic integration of young people (especially women and minorities) in arts and entertainment.
- Three months of training in Music Performace & Music Business
- Career guidance and orientation
- Possibility to be selected for the residence program which will include two intensive weeks of music production, and result in the production of a joint extended play album for the 4 participants with Mr. Leo and other celebrated artists
- Possibility to showcase at the Lionn Academy Annual Showcase, which brings about several industry professionals and the general public
- Artistic pack which includes: photoshoot, live performance video, music video, press book
- Connection/exposure to record labels, managers, booking agents, mentors, etc. within the industry
- An opportunity to interact with global influencers and leaders from different sectors.
- A certificate of completion
- The call is open to both female and male singers, and performing artists
- Must be 18 to 35 years old
- Music performance candidates Must be able to play an instrument or create instrumentals
- Must submit a video link of them performing
- Applicants with a disability, from minority groups and IDPs, will be prioritized
Kindly remember to apply for the program before September 25, 2022.
Find out more information about this opportunity on the official website.
Photo: Look Studio/Shutterstock
You might also like:
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.