Institution-specific scholarships for students to support their studies abroad.
At times students around the globe get admission to their dream higher institution. However, due to financial constraints, they tend to give up on their dreams, which can negatively affect their emotional, mental, and physical well-being. Therefore, this week’s opportunities in Youth Time Magazine largely focus on the scholarships for pursuing higher education in esteemed institutions of the world.
Knight-Hennessy Scholar’s Program 2023
Applications are open for the Knight-Hennessy Scholar’s Program 2023. Knight-Hennessy scholars develop deep domain expertise in their Stanford graduate program and build on this domain expertise through exposure to a wide range of disciplines and cultures within the Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS) community.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS) aims to educate and prepare a community of scholars for leadership roles in academia, industry, government, nonprofits, and the community at large. Knight-Hennessy Scholars was founded in 2016 by Phil Knight, philanthropist, American businessman, and co-founder of Nike Inc., and John Hennessy, who served as Stanford University’s 10th president from 2000 to 2016.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive funding for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford.
During each of the first three years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy scholars receive several types of funding:
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- A travel stipend intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford
Knight-Hennessy Scholars has no restrictions based on age, college or university, field of study, or career aspiration. They encourage citizens and residents of all countries to apply. They do not require applicants to seek endorsements from colleges, universities, or other institutions.
The last day to apply for the KHS Fellowship is October 12, 2022.
For a detailed eligibility criterion, please click here.
Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship 2022 At The University Of Surrey
Applications for the Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship 2022 at the University Of Surrey are open. The scholarship is awarded to incoming meritorious students. This prestigious award recognizes academic excellence and is awarded to selected students starting a master’s degree at the University of Surrey in February 2023.
The University of Surrey was established on September 9, 1966, with the grant of its Royal Charter, but its roots go back to a late 19th-century concern to provide greater access to further and higher education for the poorer inhabitants of London.
The scholarship is awarded as either a 5,000 euros or a 10,000 euros fee waiver. The scheme is application-based, and awards are decided by a scholarship awards panel.
- This scholarship is open to self-funded international fee-paying students regardless of nationality or domicile.
- Must have an offer letter from the university.
- It is applicable for all taught masters programs in the subject areas listed below:
- Chemical and process engineering
- Civil and environmental engineering
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Environment and sustainability
- Food, nutrition, and dietetics
- Politics and international relations
The closing date for this scholarship application is November 30, 2022, for students starting in February 2023.
For more information, please read here.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto
The applications for Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto are open. It provides an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities.
Established in 1827, the University of Toronto is Canada’s largest university, recognized as a global leader in research and teaching. U of T’s distinguished faculty, institutional record of groundbreaking scholarship, and wealth of innovative academic opportunities continually attract outstanding students and academics from around the world. Few other universities offer as great a diversity of programs and resources.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover four years of tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry undergraduate programs. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e., a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2022
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
The deadline for the program is November 30, 2022.
To get more details, read here.
You might also like:
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.