The call for application is open to attend the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2017 with the theme “Memory: Lost and Recovered Heritage”. The event will be held from June 25 to July 4 in Warsaw and Krakow. Participation is fully funded. Deadline to apply is April 3rd.
The Forum seeks to deepen youth knowledge and understanding the importance of:
- the implementation of the World Heritage Convention,
- the working methods of the World Heritage Committee,
- the challenges and opportunities of the protection, conservation and restoration of selected World Heritage sites carrying associative values.
- Aged from 22 to 32 years old;
- Fluent in English;
- Citizens of one of the 21 Member States of the current World Heritage Committee (Angola, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Croatia, Cuba, Finland, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, the Republic of Korea, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zimbabwe), as well as of Belarus, the Czech Republic, Egypt, Germany, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Lithuania, Mali, Russia, Slovakia, Syria, and Ukraine;
- Graduates from / involved in heritage-related fields such as: architecture, urban planning, constructional engineering, archaeology, sociology, cultural heritage, anthropology, ethnology, ethnography, economy, history, art history, communication, law, tourism, natural and cultural heritage, geography, international relations; researchers, activists, young professionals in NGOs, associations, cultural and natural heritage organizations, museums, heritage sites;
- Experience in the field of heritage, in particular in the area of heritage conservation and restoration, would be an asset;
- Motivated, committed to bring in their own expertise, active individuals interested in implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
The organisers will be responsible for flight arrangements and will cover the participants’ transportation (economy class) as well as accommodation costs during their stay in Poland (including visa fees, where applicable).
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.