The UNCCD Secretariat invites all young people and youth organisation representatives to apply to speak and participate in the international UNCCD Youth Forum at its 13th Conference of the Parties (COP 13) in Ordos, China from 7-10 September 2017. The theme this year is “Land, youth and sustainability.” Deadline is on 26th of June.
The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) Secretariat recognises the important roles youth play in combating land degradation and promoting sustainable land management (SLM). Empowering young people to protect and restore degraded ecosystems will lead to green innovations that will contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular, reaching SDG15.3 land degradation neutrality.
- be between 18 to 35 years of age;
- be volunteers/members for a civil society organisation or network, academic institution, trade or technical institution or UN youth-related education program;
- be authorised officially by their organisation or network to speak on behalf of the organisation or institution (providing a signed letter from the head of organisation or a supervisor);
- agree to produce a daily article/blog for the forum when selected;
- be able to communicate in English.
Selected speakers and representatives will receive full funding for international travel, accommodation and daily allowance during the forum.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.