The British Bilateral Embassy in Belgium, part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, is now looking for a Part-time Office Assistant for Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) team. The position is paid and six-months-long approximately. Young people with permission to work in the EU are eligible to apply. Deadline is July 31st.
As the office assistant you will be coordinating meetings and travel arrangements; establishing and maintaining a contacts’ record, providing financial reports, payment of bills, maintaining basic systems including those concerned with filing and archiving, provision of office consumables, identifying and exploiting public sources of information.
You will get a part-time fixed-term contract for 6 months and for 5 working days (18 hours net) per week, but the successful candidate should be ready to attend events outside working hours. The monthly gross salary for this position is €1,044.24.
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Excellent organisational / administrative skills;
- Ability to multi-task, plan ahead, prioritise;
- Organises own work, papers and files methodically – excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent IT skills – including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and reliability;
- Competent written and spoken Dutch is an advantage.
Please note, that the successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.