Google is offering STEP (Summer Trainee Engineering Program) Internship in Australia for 2016. This program is open to all qualified university students who have programming experience in either Java, Python, C, or C++. Applications are due by May 10.
Google announces that the 2016 STEP internships is now open to students who will be completing the first year of their university studies by Summer of 2016/17 and are studying computer science or related subjects.
Trainee program includes:
Software Project: A 12-week development project that you will work on with a team of Googlers and other STEP Interns.
Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills; get exposed to new tools and programming languages.
Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers, additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, tackle technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
Mentorship: Be matched with a Google engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
Fun: Social activities, community building and networking. Build a relationship with your peers.
Exposure: A unique glimpse into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
- Students must be a first or second year student currently enrolled in a 4 year Bachelor’s program, majoring or intending to major in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering;
- Studying towards a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Preferred qualifications:
- Students should have programming experience in either Java, Python, C, or C++;
- Students in their second year should have two Computer Science courses;
- Students in their first year should have taken one Computer Science course.
Google team will review applications on a rolling basis and it’s in the candidates best interest to apply early. All hiring will be complete by August 2016.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.