United Nations Environment Program is hiring up to 20 volunteers for 12 month to help fulfill its mission in Nairobi, Kenya. Deadline to apply is February 29th.
- Harvest, research and write stories, features, op-eds and other editorial content about UNEP’s work
- Rewrite and repackage programmatic content for digital dissemination to a broad-ranging audience
- Write copy for a full range of corporate and programme communication collaterals
- Produce innovative and engaging data visuals that bring UNEP’s science to life
- Harvest data and transform UNEP’s research into compelling infographics destined for a broad-ranging audience
- Develop new ways to bring cutting-edge science and research to the general public through great design
- Act as account manager for assigned clients within UNEP
- Facilitate project planning, development and implementation through the communication division’s strategic sections
- Support project documentation, monitoring, reporting and assessment
- Join UNEP’s fast-paced media team, liaising with our teams and journalists around the world
- Draft press releases, op-eds and speeches about UNEP’s work
- Support a broad range of media and communication activities delivered by the media team
- Develop and deliver a strategy for expanded use of digital and new media platforms and channels
- Identify and forge partnerships with hybrid and new media outlets
- Reach out to top environmental outlets, environmental bloggers and opinion leaders to expand UNEP’s storytelling
- Organize high-profile events that raise awareness of UNEP’s work, including its annual Champion of the Earth awards
- Coordinate day-to-day event production with clients, suppliers and partners
- Develop and maintain UNEP’s website
- Contribute to the innovative and interactive design of UNEP’s web pages.
- A university degree (either BA/BSc)
- At least three years of professional experience
- At least age 25 (no maximum age limit)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to adjust to difficult living conditions
- National UNV volunteer assignments usually range from 6 to 24 months
- Strong commitment to values and principles of volunteerism
- Good working knowledge in at least one of the three working UN languages: English, French and Spanish.
Bear in mind, that before applying you have to register and create a profile on the UNV website. Then email your CV or copy of your application form to UNEP, with the UNV assignment title in the subject line. In your email to UNEP, please indicate your earliest availability to start in Nairobi, Kenya.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.