The Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative for talented, highly qualified professionals to start a career as an international civil servant with the UN. It consists of an entrance examination and professional development programmes once successful candidates start their career. There are two positions available now. Deadline to apply is July 19th.
The YPP examination is held once a year and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise. The list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
- You must have the nationality of a participating country;
- You must hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam subject you are applying for;
- You must be 32 or younger in the year of the examination;
- You must be fluent in either English or French.
Depending on the staffing needs of the United Nations, applicants are invited to apply for different exam subjects. Descriptions of responsibilities, expected competencies and education requirements differ depending on the area.
Currently two subjects are announced:
- Information and Telecomm. Technology;
- Affairs and Sustainable Development.
You can find a list of eligible countries and subjects for examination here.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.