FutureScapes is an annual writing competition that asks writers to envision a particular sort of world, and tell a story about it. Organizers wants to help young writers of excellent potential find their voice while shaping tomorrow. Deadline to submit your story is July 15th.
- Works of short fiction up to 8,000 words;
- Compelling stories that explore the nuance of technology, science, politics, and/or policy, without forgetting about plot and character!
- Stories that show both the positives and negatives of possible future;
- Stories that can provide a road-map for cities, states, and nations to follow;
- Stories that may be built in a rich and full world, but that manage to show us the reality of a single city, neighborhood, and/or life.
$2,000 prize for 1st place.
$1,000 for 2nd place.
4 runners up each receive prize of $500
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.