The African-EU Energy Partnership is inviting young journalists from the EU to apply for a travel grant to join Second Stakeholder Forum of AEEP. The event will be held in Milan (Italy) on 16th and 17th of May. This event is a great opportunity to get first-hand contacts to the energy sector, including high-ranking political decision makers, representatives of private and public institutions and academia. Deadline to apply is April 8.
The forum is organised by the African-EU Energy Partnership together with the Italian Government, the African Union Commission (AUC) and the European Union Commission (EC).
This opportunity could be particularly rewarding for anybody who already has or wants to develop a focus on energy questions. The scholarship also includes a training session with the AEEP secretariat on African-European energy questions.
- Not older than 35 years;
- Based in Africa or the EU;
- A print or online journalist, photojournalist, video journalist, who have at least three years of work experience across different media and platforms.
- Fluent in English. French is an advantage.
- Demonstrated interest to work more on energy and environment issues in your respective country.
- Write a short essay (250-300 words; in English) why energy as a topic is important to you and why you would want to join the 2nd Stakeholder Meeting, as part of the conference communications team.
- To demonstrate your abilities and interests send samples or links to your articles, photos, blogs, videos, etc. on topics related to what will be discussed at the conference.
- Include a resume/CV in English with references.
- Send your application package to the AEEP Secretariat.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.