The European Young Innovators Forum (EYIF) is now looking for a trainee to support the event and communication team in Brussels in the EU headquarters on a full time basis for 8 weeks as of mid or end of August 2016. Deadline to apply is August 14th.
The trainee will be involved with the organization of the Unconvention event taking place on 10-11th October 2016 in the city of Brussels. The trainee will provide support and assistance to the Senior Event and Communication Coordinator and will work in team with the Event Officer and the Project Officer during their busiest time.
The trainee has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Assist the team in all pre-event preparation and during the event in Brussels;
- Monitor events enquiries (by phone, email and letter) from the participants and assist with communications when necessary;
- Assist in the updating of databases;
- Take responsibility for the registration list for the event;
- Assist in the recruitment and coordination of events volunteers;
- Prepare and distribute promotional materials such as posters, banners, etc.
- Provide friendly, courteous and helpful customer service during the event;
- Assist with the follow up letters and surveys;
- Compile feedback from event participants and analyze responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in communications, hospitality, public relations, marketing or business;
- Previous experience in coordinating medium and large scale events would be an asset;
- Ability to create, maintain and update data on Word and Excel programmes;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; second language is a plus.
The position is paid. Organizers offer a compensation of 300 euro per month.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.