The Associated Press is offering the Global News Internship Program for 2016 academic year. This is a paid 12 week individually tailored training program for students who are aspiring cross-format journalists. Hurry up, deadline to apply is January 11.
The summer 2016 Global News General Assignment Internship is a paid, highly selective, 12-week internship programme. Interns will receive training and experience in video and at least one other format (text, photos and interactive/graphics).
The internship is open to U.S. and international students as well as recent graduates. Applicants must be:
- current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree (juniors and seniors) or
- current full-time graduate students or
- students who will graduate December 2015 or later.
There are several locations. U.S. internships are being offered in Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami, New York, Washington, D.C. International internships are being offered in Amman, Bangkok, London, Mexico City, Moscow, New Delhi, Seoul and Tokyo. Interns will work in an AP bureau under the supervision of a designated trainer. They will cover breaking news and complete a final enterprise project working across multiple formats that may be featured in many media outlets around the world.
It will take you sometime to prepare all of the required materials.
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: “The Associated Press seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills. Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern.”
- A resume and cover letter.
- Five to seven examples of your video work (links to a website of your video work are highly preferred).
- Three to five examples of clips, photos and interactive/graphics (links to a website of your photos, clips and multimedia work are highly preferred).
- A reference letter from a prior internship or employer.
Deadline to apply is January 11. All application materials should be submitted online.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.