Paid Traineeship in Switzerland by the Policy and Humanitarian Diplomacy Division of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) offers five traineeship positions for a period of one year, starting either in January, February or March 2018. The deadline for applications is on 7th of August.
The ICRC’s Policy and Humanitarian Diplomacy Division is part of the Department of International Law and Policy, and plays a central role in developing and delivering the main institutional policy and diplomacy objectives of the ICRC as well as overseeing the ICRC’s delegation in New York.
Under the supervision of a Diplomatic or Policy Adviser, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Analysing humanitarian trends, issues and policy developments;
- Preparing/attending conferences, seminars and bilateral meetings;
- Conducting research, writing speeches/speaking points, drafting reports, taking minutes of meetings.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. international relations, international politics, international law, humanitarian action, development, peace/conflict studies, etc.);
- Excellent English and a good command of at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish. Additional languages are an asset;
- Minimum of 6 months full-time prior experience with an international organisation, an NGO or within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and no more than 2 years of relevant experience;
Interested candidates should send their complete application in Word or PDF format (cover letter of no more than 700 words and CV), in English. Any documents other than the two listed above will not be considered.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.