Students must check out these scholarships that will remove financial constraints and help them achieve career aspirations.
To recognize students’ academic achievements and excellence, scholarships are awarded. These rewards help them overcome financial constraints and add a star of merit to a student’s academic life. Youth Time Magazine brings you a list of upcoming scholarship opportunities to pursue quality higher education.
ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship Program 2022
Applications are open for ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship. The scholarship program is aimed at helping young students pursue their undergraduate studies at renowned universities of the ASEAN countries but outside their homeland. The primary objective will be enrolling selected scholars at leading public institutions in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines, with the program progressively spreading to the remaining ASEAN countries.
The ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship collaborates between the Maybank Foundation and the ASEAN Secretariat. It is an ASEAN-level initiative launched by Maybank Foundation, a newly accredited ASEAN organization. The opportunity focuses on “promoting an innovative ASEAN approach to higher education,” one of the strategic actions outlined in the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint 2025.
The scholarship includes the following benefits:
- Fully paid tuition fees.
- Allowance for monthly stipend + accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance.
- Return economy class air passage.
- Subsidized medical benefits (out-patient) and accident insurance coverage and other incidental expenses.
- Recipients of the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship will have the chance to experience thrilling internship opportunities. Scholars can have internship and holiday break assignment programs at the ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN Foundation, or Maybank offices regionally and participate as volunteers in Maybank Foundation’s existing flagship programs regionally.
To be eligible for the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship, applicants must meet all the below requirements:
- A citizen of any of the 10 ASEAN member states
- Possess excellent academic qualifications and is active in extracurricular activities
- Graduated with a pre-university study with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent
- Field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the program
- Received admission letter or letter of offer from a university within the ASEAN University Network membership
The deadline to apply for the opportunity is April 16, 2022.
You can read more about the opportunity on the official website.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at KNUST 2022
Applications are open for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2022. The scholarship aims to raise the next generation of ethical and transformative leaders. The Mastercard Scholarship Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology provides comprehensive scholarships at quality universities to economically weak and academically distinguished students.
The Mastercard Foundation is a non-profit organization headquartered in Toronto, Canada. It is one of the world’s largest private foundations. It improves access to education, skills training, and financial services for individuals living in poverty, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa, via collaboration with partner organizations.
These are the following benefits that the program offers:
- Fully funded program including tuition fees, accommodation, learning material, transportation allowance, and a monthly stipend.
- Career development services(including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services, and mentoring (Go-Back Give-Back).
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of and networking with the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services, and mentoring.
- All applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s admission requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. The applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The applicant must demonstrate that they have Critical Economic Needs.
- The applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to females, Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.), and persons with disabilities.
- The applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to their community.
The last day to apply for the program is June 30, 2022
You can read more about the scholarship here.
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship For Canadian Students 2022
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarships for the year 2022 has opened its applications for the students graduating high school in 2022 and interested in pursuing computers in university. The Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship is designed to encourage and educate students from underprivileged and underrepresented regions to pursue a career in computer science.
Amazon assists underprivileged students in their computer science education, which is not only crucial to the company but also critical to the development of a diverse tech sector and future. The Amazon Future Engineer Award program offers students the opportunity to advance their careers with a $7,500 CAD/year scholarship that is renewable for up to four years. Successful applicants will also be eligible for a paid summer internship program with Amazon at the end of their first year of post-secondary education.
Entrance scholarships will be available at the bachelor’s level. These scholarships are valued at $7,500 CAD per academic year, available for up to four years.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Graduating high school (outside of Quebec) or CEGEP (in Quebec) in 2022
- Entering full-time studies in a first bachelor’s starting fall 2022
- Pursuing a Computer Science related degree
- Employees and immediate family members of Amazon.com and its subsidiaries are not eligible to apply
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance, experience with computer science, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, unusual personal or family circumstances, financial need, and racial/ethnic/gender diversity.
The last day to apply for the scholarship is April 25, 2022.
To know more about the scholarships, please have a look at the official website.
You might also like:
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.