The Yenching Academy’s flagship event, the Yenching Global Symposium 2018, is now accepting applications! This year’s theme, “RENaissance: China’s Journey in a Global Future”, explores China’s multifaceted revival in a rapidly shifting global arena. The deadline to apply is on November 30th.
The forum will bring together outstanding graduates from across the world to the historic grounds of Peking University in Beijing, from April 12th-15th, for four days of interactive discussions, simulations, site visits, networking sessions and immersion activities. Selected delegates will have their expenses covered for a full round-trip flight to Beijing, four days of accommodation, and meal costs.
The application for Yenching Global Symposium 2018 will consist of providing personal information, CV, and English proficiency scores.
- Young professionals and graduate students of any nationality are eligible to apply;
- A candidate should be a holder of an undergraduate degree in any field by December 31, 2017;
- This year’s applicants should not have attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums;
- International English proficiency test score (at least IELTS 7/TOEFL 100/Cambridge 180/CEFR C1) is required if candidates have not attended a university where English was the sole language of instruction;
- Candidates should be no older than 30 years or no older than 32 by April 15th 2018 for countries where military service is mandatory.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.