The Open Government Partnership Global Summit inviting young civil social activists to co-created agenda of the event. Here, you will be able to submit event proposals and exchange with other applicants around session projects. Deadline to apply is July 20th. The event will take place in Paris, France on December 7, 8 and 9.
Launched in 2011, the OGP is a multilateral initiative which currently brings together 69 member states, NGOs and representatives from civil society in a collegial governance. At the global level, OGP is committed to promoting the principles of open and transparent government through civic consultation and participation. As a forum for sharing best practices, OGP provides a platform that brings together, stimulates and expands the community of state reformers worldwide.
Propositions can adopt the following formats:
- Roundtables: Panel on open government themes (up to 80 minutes).
- Workshop: Hands-on workshop allowing the exchange of experiences around interactive activities (up to 80 minutes): project presentations, discussion around case studies…
- Pitch: Short and dynamic intervention showcasing concrete examples of open government experiences (5 to 10 minutes)
- External event: a system will be put in place to list and promote external events taking place all over France and worldwide as part of an “Open Government Week” (December 5 – 14) in conjunction with the Global Summit.
The provisional list of tracks in which proposals can be classified is:
- Climate and sustainable development
- Transparency, accountability and fight against corruption
- Digital and development
- Civic tech and participatory tools
- Open data and Open resources
- Public innovation
- Open government for cities
- Open parliament
- Access to information
- Fundamentals liberties and human rights
- Implementation of open government
- Regional focus and Francophonie
The deadline for submissions is July 20 2016.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.