If you ever considered studying in the UK, make sure to check out these three opportunities that might be just right for you.
When it comes to studying abroad, most of the students wish to have a one-stop spot to learn about the various scholarships in a particular county along with important details. Youth Time Magazine brings to you this week’s scholarship digest to pursue higher education in the United Kingdom.
British Council Scholarships 2022 For Women In STEM
Applications for British Council Scholarships 2022 for women in STEM are open to study for masters or early academic fellowships in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics at leading universities in the United Kingdom.
In association with twenty-six universities in the United Kingdom, the council aims to benefit women from North America, South America, South Asia, South East Asia, Egypt, Turkey, and Ukraine to undertake careers in STEM. They are searching for women with a STEM background who can establish their need for financial assistance and inspire future generations of women to pursue STEM jobs.
The British Council is a body that fosters connections, understanding, and trust between the UK and other countries by means of arts, culture, and education. The organization works for young people to help them gain confidence and the relationships they require to identify their ultimate potential. The council assists them in learning English, obtaining a high-quality education, and acquiring globally recognized certificates. Our work in the arts and culture fosters creative expression and interchange, and creative entrepreneurship. The council aims at exchanging the best in the UK with the rest of the world and vice versa to develop a holistically developed environment.
- Economic support that includes tuition fees, stipends, travel costs, visa, and health coverage fees
- It will provide you with the experience of studying in prestigious UK colleges
- Maternity support
- Support in the English Language
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is April 10, 2022.
For both Master’s Scholarships and Early Academic Fellowships
Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
For Masters Scholarships only
Brazil, Egypt, Mexico, Peru, Turkey, Ukraine
The Council is looking for women who:
- are able to take up a course of study in the UK for the academic year from September/October 2022-2023
- can demonstrate a need for financial support
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access to one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university
- can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study/research at a UK university
- are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area
- are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni
University Of Birmingham Global Master’s Scholarship 2022-2023
The University of Birmingham has opened applications for offering prominent scholarships for international students pursuing masters. The Global Master’s Scholarship has an award of €10,000 to support studying in the UK.
The University of Birmingham strives to help deserving students to overcome hurdles in their educational journey and attain their ultimate goal. The university has a record of 10 Nobel Laureates counting among its staff and alumni network who have contributed to making groundbreaking discoveries like the Higgs Boson and Gravitational Waves.
Approximately 40 scholarships will be awarded a value of up to £10,000. This award will be deducted from the total tuition fees owed by each successful scholar.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is June 30, 2022.
All taught Master’s programs are eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of programs in the Birmingham Business School, for which there are separate MSc and MBA scholarships.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Master’s degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/October 2022 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Have paid the standard £2,000 admissions deposit by June 30, 2022.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates should have, or be expecting to achieve, a first-class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
Countries eligible for this scholarship are:
- China (PRC)
- Hong Kong (SAR of PRC)
- United States of America
Mastercard Foundation Scholar’s Program 2022-2023 at The University Of Edinburgh
The Mastercard Foundation Scholar’s Program at the University of Edinburgh has opened its applications for the school year 2022-2023. Attaining a master’s degree online with the flexibility to work from home as well is a wonderful combination. Plus, an online master’s degree offered by the University of Edinburgh has an equal weightage of pursuing it on-campus.
The scholarship program helps in promoting students from countries like Ethiopia, Algeria, Egypt, and others, to pursue an online postgraduate degree who have exceptional leadership but limited financial resources.
Mastercard Foundation strives for a social setting where the talents and leadership qualities of young people are valued. It is aimed at creating a safe space where the people are the driving force for dramatic changes and identifying their potential. This is done by uniting funders, young people, and civil society for developing effective systems and infrastructures, supporting policies, and an environment in which young people can find jobs and entrepreneurs and small businesses can prosper and expand.
In partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, the University of Edinburgh will provide 200 full postgraduate and undergraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities. On top of the scholarship, the Scholars Program facilitates transformative leadership programming to inspire and support scholars in making a change in their communities and countries on their return home.
The last date to apply for the scholarship is March 14, 2022.
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, whose personal circumstances would make accepting an offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult.
- Applications from Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome.
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community.
- You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary education in your home country or elsewhere.
You might also like:
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.