The Multilateral Diplomacy Programme (MDP) of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) maintains an internship/traineeship programme for students/recent graduates interested in gaining professional experience in a multicultural environment and enhancing their understanding of the United Nations system. The internship/traineeship programme is from four to six months long. The duty station is in Geneva, Switzerland. Deadline to apply is July 1st.
Under the supervision of the Training Assistant of UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Programme, the intern/trainee will assist in the development and design of UNITAR’s external products (brochures, advertisements, online advertisements, web products and outgoing documents) as well as e-courses on diplomacy and skills development. The intern/trainee would assist in, inter alia, designing the products, showing originality and professionalism, being creative whilst and adapting the products to the existing UNITAR’s guidelines. The intern/trainee would also be responsible for assisting in communications and outreach activities.
- a university-level qualification (Bachelor’s degree, licence or other) either in graphic or instructional design digital media, journalism, international relations, history, political science, languages or a related subject;
- interest in instructional and graphic design, distance learning methodologies;
- creativity and professionalism;
- administrative and organizational skills to assist in the designing of external products;
- computer skills (to be able to deal with InDesign, Photoshop, Internet search, advertisement through social media, etc.);
- a high level of individual responsibility, commitment and initiative;
- excellent knowledge in both oral and written English. Knowledge of French or other working UN languages is an advantage.
The internship/traineeship programme is normally on a full-time basis and interns/trainees are expected to work five days a week. Requests for part-time arrangements are possible, and should be agreed before the start of the internship/traineeship. The internship/traineeship is unpaid, but interns and trainees will receive a monthly lump-sum to cover transportation. Programme will be held at UNITAR headquarters in Geneva.
Start date is 5 September 2016.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.