Future News Worldwide is a partnership program between the British Council and some of the world's leading media organisations. Future News Worldwide 2020 will take place on 14 and 15 July at Sky's global headquarters in London, UK. The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered. The deadline is on 14 February 2020.
Apply for Future News Worldwide
The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists will attend this intensive media training program.
You’ll receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
Applications are welcome from anywhere in the world.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 you must:
- be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2020;
- be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2018;
- be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level);
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before;
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form;
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 11 – 16 July 2020.
Read more here.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.