Amnesty International is looking for volunteers to Kenya for 6 months and for at least three days a week and preferably 5 days. Deadlines to apply: August 13th. The program is fully funded.
Amnesty International offers interesting opportunity for young people who are willing to volunteer in Africa.
First option is to work with the DRC team in Nairobi for 6 month. The successful volunteer would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Press monitoring on a daily basis.
- Maintaining and updating logs on human rights violations and abuses as well as individuals at risk.
- Assist with electronic filing and filing of hardcopy material.
- Assist with tasks such as mailing, event organization, and organizing contact databases.
- Assist with translation of communications and inquiries from the general public in French or other regional languages.
The volunteer’s role will be supervised, he/she will be expected to work independently, use their initiative and manage their own tasks.
Deadline to apply is August 13th. The program is fully funded.
Click here to find out more.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.